Having a web presence online is not the only thing you need to do in order to drive traffic to your website, and a local Search Engine Optimizer knows the keys to success.
Now, one of the most familiar terms in “web speak”, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a leading tool for webmasters and site marketers alike to really put a website out there and available for the public to utilize.
Simply put, it optimizes each search, per keyword, for the website desiring traffic to flow to it, specifically using a combination of items in order to put the website as one of the first results from input to a search engine.
What is a Search Engine Optimizer?
The person or company who handles SEO is called a Search Engine Optimizer. Depending on the reputation of the individual or company, it can alternately help your website succeed, through searches that are optimized, or fail; utilizing tactics that are unethical can ruin the reputation for a website, so you must be careful.
What Search Engine Optimizers Can Do for You
The methods used by search engine optimizers, in order to optimize a search for your website , can include the following:
- Examination of your website, including its content and the way it has been set up;
- Offering advice, from a purely technical aspect, largely to do with how well the website has been set up from a “back office” perspective;
- Directly creating content for the site, to best optimize every search;
- The development and maintenance of marketing campaigns for the website;
- Research and development of keywords;
- Educating the client on what SEO is and how it is being utilized for their website and
- Offering professional advice regarding specific industry-related marketing
Should You Use a SEO Individual/Company or Yourself?
Bearing in mind that not all search engine optimizers are extremely knowledgeable on any of the above subject matter, it is important that you attempt at utilizing a well-known, reliable individual or company, if you are not going to perform the work yourself.
You can learn how to utilize SEO for your website’s search engine, but if you are not totally familiar with all aspects of it, including what is not considered ethical, then you really could damage both your company’s reputation, as well as put yourself in a fool’s light.
With proper education, and perhaps visiting some discussion boards to find out about the more ethical ways of utilizing SEO for marketing your website, your can be a successful campaign that not only will put your website in the top loading front page of potential client’s searches, but you can also keep learning as you go along, in order to put your website out time and time again as a top site.
Common Unethical Practices By Search Engine Optimizers
Two of the most unethical practices that search engine optimizers utilize are as follows:
- “Shadow” domains – this involves redirecting traffic to sites other than the one initially desired. This is a common practice among unethical SEO individuals or companies.
- “Doorway” pages – this involves placing links to other domains on a client’s site. It takes away from the ideal search capability of your site; it may redirect, additionally, to unsavory websites of the SEO or its clients.